Fire in Complex - September 26, 2014

Post date: Sep 26, 2014 8:5:43 PM

At approximately 4:30 am on Friday, September 26, 2014, Residents woke up to the smell of smoke and a burning fire in the garbage garage next to unit 60. The fire department has determined that it was a result of a cigarette butt that was thrown into one of the bins.

The Board of Directors would like to remind everyone to not throw cigarette butts into garbage bins, recycling bins, yards, or planters/pots with peat moss (Millrise Condo complex fire had started as a result of this). This is extremely hazardous and puts everyone that resides in the complex in danger. With everyone living in such close proximity, it does not take much to start a fire and this has tremendous repercussions for everyone.

We request that if you see anyone in the complex throwing cigarette butts (including common property) to report it as it is a very large liability issue to the complex and everyone is affected. Thank you.